Early Childhood Collaboration
Early Childhood Social and Emotional Learning
Element Five Goals:
Ensure that Albuquerque area children are ready for school and have the social, emotional and behavioral skills that are essential for future healthy interpersonal relationships, association with nonviolent peers, and academic success.
Improve the quality of early childhood collaboration and service delivery as perceived by early childhood stakeholders in Albuquerque / Bernalillo County.
The Safe Schools Healthy Students initiative has focused on coordination of home visitation services and joint professional development and alignment of activities using a hub/community school model. In 2010, Varela Consulting Group was contracted to conduct a Home Visitation Capacity Assessment to determine the current status of home visitation services in Bernalillo County; identify any potential expansions of home visitation services; and determine unmet need. Direct outcome of the assessment included: 1) The Bernalillo County Home Visitation Work Group was formed by seven (7) home visitation agencies to plan expansion of home visitation services; 2) Short term and long-range strategies were developed for joint professional development; 3) The home visitation agencies developed a common intake form to more efficiently refer clients to appropriate services; 3) The NM Children Youth and Family Department and NM Department of Health used the assessment report in grant applications and to allocate funding in Bernalillo County. The Home Visitation Work Group has met monthly since August 2010, and the SSHS initiative is supporting the group by providing a facilitator to lead and organize the meetings.
- News Briefs - (Created: 07-06-12)
- School to Prison Pipeline - (Created: 07-06-12)
- Improving School Discipline Procedures: Context and Local Action - (Created: 07-06-12)
- Juvenile Justice and Mental Health Collaboration - (Created: 08-15-11)
- New Day - (Created: 02-06-11)
- BCSO Gang Prevention Program - (Created: 12-15-10)
- Youth Risk and Resiliency Surveys - Bernalillo County - (Created: 11-15-10)
- Prevention Intervention Program for Youth (PIPY) - (Created: 08-25-10)
- Reports and Resources - (Created: 05-21-10)
- Community Collaboration - (Created: 05-21-10)