Think First, Click Later: Would you walk up to that girl at school and tell her she's ugly and nobody likes her in the middle of a crowded hallway? Then don't post it on her Facebook page. Would you want your best friend to share that picture of you when you just woke up all over MySpace just because you had an argument? Then don't do it to him.
Tell Someone: If you're being cyberbullied, it's time to call in a helping hand. Tell your parents. Tell your teacher or your school counselor. You are not alone. You have the power to stand up for yourself and make tomorrow a better day.
Speak Up: Don't feed the beast. Don't forward hurtful links, photos, videos or emails. You might think it's funny at first, but it can really hurt the person being bullied. Let cyberbullies know that they can't get away with being jerks and still be cool at school.
- Materials from the Head 2 Toe Conference presentation on bullying prevention - (Created: 04-14-11)
- Tip Sheets for Bullying Prevention - (Created: 04-14-11)
- Cyberbullying: Beyond the Playground - (Created: 11-16-10)
- Anti-Bullying Resources - (Created: 09-01-10)
- Bullying Prevention - (Created: 07-28-10)