Suicide Prevention Resources
The Jason Foundation, Inc.
A non-profit organization dedicated to the prevention of suicide
English: 1 (800) 273-TALK (8255)
en Español: 1 (888) 628-9454
Suicide Prevention Hotline:
1 (505) 277-3013
Southwest Family Guidance
Center & Institute:
1 (505) 830-1871
for Suicide Prevention:
1 (888) 333-AFSP
Help for Depression
Provides a very comprehensive explanation of the various approaches and treatments for depression as a critical starting point for individuals and/or their loved ones.
For more information, visit: helpfordepression.com.
A quick guide to top hotlines for help ranging from crisis intervention to suicide prevention.
*Note: If you are in a life-threatening emergency, dial 911 immediately*
- Agora Crisis Center: 1.866.HELP.1.NM (435.7166) or (505) 277.3013
- Child Sexual Abuse Hotline: 1.800.773.8368
- Covenant House Nineline: 1.800.999.9999
Crisis hotline available in both English and Spanish.
- Domestic Violence State Hotline (S.A.F.E. House): 1.800.247.4219
- Girls And Boys Town National Hotline: 1.800.448.3000
For children, teens and parents in need of help. Spanish available.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
- Mental Health Crisis Hotline: (505) 247.1121
- National Child Abuse Hotline: 1.800.4.A.CHILD (422.4453)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1.800.799.SAFE (7233)
- National Eating Disorders Association: 1.800.931.2237
- National Hopeline Network: 1.800.SUICIDE (748.2433)
Suicide prevention hotline.
- National Hopeline en Español: 1.800.SUICIDA (748.2432)
- Nurse Advice New Mexico Hotline: 1.877.725.2552
- Poison Control: (505) 272. 2222 or 1.800.222.1222
- Police Non-Emergency: (505) 242.COPS (2677)
- Rape, Abuse, Incest Network: 1.800.656.HOPE (4673)
- Runaway Switchboard: 1.800.RUNAWAY
- Speak Up: 1.866. SPEAK.UP (773.2587)
Report weapons threats.
- Trevor Project (for GLBTQ): 1.866.488.7386
Suicide hotline for gay and questioning youth.
- Youth Crisis Hotline: 1.800.442.4673
- Youthline: 1.877.YOUTHLINE (968.8454)
Crisis intervention hotline.
- Speak Up… Because Your Voice Matters! - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Additional Resources - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Violence, Rape, Incest, Abuse - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Find Treatment or Counseling - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Body Image, Eating Disorders, Self Harm - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Advocacy - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Mental Health and Substance Use - (Created: 12-01-10)
- Suicide Prevention Resources - (Created: 12-01-10)